söndag 17 april 2016

BGP week 2

In the second week of Big Game Project I continued to finish one of our main characters Väinämöinen. At first I was planning to finish the second main character and the wolf monster as well but I had to remake väinämöinen so many times that it was no time left for the other two.

When making väinämöinen I started with looking on different facial expressions to try to get a believable character that would fit the description of being old and wise as well as having a lot of stamina and fighting spirit. 

Since the old sketch of väinämöinen looked to old and sad I focused on making him look a lot younger and angrier. 

I used a lot of soft coloring and shading when I made the skin and I used different textures for the clothes. I also putted a strong dark outline on the character.

When I felt that the character was done I divided all the different parts on a sprite sheet for our animator.

The feedback I got from a meeting with an art teacher was to make the sword look a bit more special and mythical, so I will focus on that later when the rest of the characters are done.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar